Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mill City Vegan Visits Chicago

I absolutely love making regular trips to Chicago. Here are the vegan highlights from our recent trip to this wonderful city.

The Chicago Diner. A long-time favorite. No trip to Chicago is complete without a trip to this place. This time, I had the Majestic Burrito and my wife had the Country Fried Steak. The burrito was honestly one of the best I've ever had. The steak was a super seitan goodness.
Majestic Burrito - Chicago Diner
Country Fried "Steak" - Chicago Diner
Our kids couldn't wait to go to iCream after seeing a feature on some cable tv food channel a year or two ago. Using liquid nitrogen, this place makes your ice cream creation--including soy ice cream--right before your eyes. They have a great variety of flavors.
Raspberry Lime Soy Ice Cream - iCream - Chicago
 
We were fortunate enough to be in Chicago on the day that Native Foods opened their Wicker Park location. I had read about this California-based chain. Now I'm REALLY hoping that they consider expanding to Minneapolis. Fast, creative, and healthy food. Just fantastic! We had the Baja Surf Tacos (with a side of steamed kale) and the Ensalada Azteca Salad. I also ordered the strawberry parfait. I can't wait to return. They're opening other Chicago locations shortly.
Ensalada Azteca Salad - Native Foods - Chicago

Baja Surf Tacos - Native Foods - Chicago 

No comments:

Post a Comment