Saturday, August 18, 2012

Mill City Vegan Visits Georgia

Here are just a few of my vegan dining delights from a recent trip to Georgia.

From Atlanta:

We had to go to the Soul Vegetarian on Highland. I had the country fried steak and some ice cream.












Dulce Vegan Bakery and Cafe was fantastic. I had some kind of delicious sandwich and a lemon scone:


































And we had a great breakfast at the Radial Cafe, where I indulged in a stack of buckwheat pancakes:
















We spent four nights in Savannah. In a smaller city, of course, it can be a bit more challenging to find vegan food. Be sure to check out Vegguide and/or Happy Cow. Here are few of my favorites from Savannah:

Your Pie is a pizza place that has Daiya vegan cheese. We went there twice. I ordered The Hippie both times, without the pesto.Your Pie has a number of locations in the Southeast U.S.
















The Green Truck Pub, which really does have a green truck sitting outside, makes a really vegan great burger and fries:
















Finally, I had a breakfast burrito at the Sentient Bean, which (to my knowledge) is the only completely vegetarian restaurant in Savannah:


No comments:

Post a Comment