Sunday, February 20, 2011

Vegan shoes at Journeys

I love shoes. I have far more pairs of shoes than I actually need. I can't help myself. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to a place that has a large selection of vegan shoes. (I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to a candy store, but that can be a topic for a future post.)

While it's easy to criticize the Mall of America as a monument to consumerism, everyone needs shoes, right?! Journeys, a shoe store at the Mall of America, has a great selection of casual, vegan shoes. On their web site I see that they have a number of mall locations in Minnesota, but I've only been to the Mall of America location.  It's located on the first floor, at the northeast corner of the mall, near Sears. While a person can find a massive variety of vegan shoes online, it sure is nice to have the ability to try them on before buying. Plus, you avoid the cost of shipping. And Minnesota has no sales tax on clothing.
In two different display areas, I counted approximately 30 styles of Macbeth brand shoes during my last visit! Most of those, but not all, are vegan.  The Macbeth web site has a couple of sections that highlight their vegan products. During this particular visit, a few of the Macbeth styles were on sale for $29.99.
In addition to Macbeth vegan shoes, the store has canvas Vans and Converse. And I also saw two kinds of hemp Nike shoes as well as a very cool pair of rubber Pumas. I somehow made it out of the store without buying anything this time, for better or for worse. I'm pretty sure I'll be walking out with a new pair during my next visit.

Hop on a couple of rides at Nickelodeon Universe while you're there! Want to reduce your carbon footprint while making your way to the MoA? Take the Hiawatha LRT line if it's a convenient option for you.  Route 5 from Minneapolis and Route 54 from St. Paul also serve the MoA, in addition to various suburban routes.

2 comments:

  1. I must admit, I returned to the mall again recently. There is actually a second Journeys store in the mall. I think it's odd that stores have multiple locations at the same mall. This newly-discovered Journeys is on the third floor on the north side, near one of the food courts. It seems to be significantly smaller than the location on the first floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.
    bridal party shoes

    ReplyDelete