Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Forks Over Knives - My Reaction

I attended an advance screening of Forks Over Knives last night. Even prior to its release, the documentary film has been called "vegan propaganda" by some who insist that people should eat animals and their secretions. So I went into this movie with a big question on my mind: "Will non-vegans who watch this movie simply conclude that it's nothing more than shallow propaganda?" After seeing the film, my conclusion is that anyone with a little bit of an open mind will find the movie to be very compelling. At the very least, I think that most people who see the Forks Over Knives are going to walk away convinced that there are health benefits to cutting back on the intake of animal-based products. The film combines exhaustive research and powerful personal stories to demonstrate the devastating results of diets centered around meat, dairy, and eggs. Eating fewer of these products means less obesity, less diabetes, less cancer, less heart disease...the list goes on.

I was impressed by Forks Over Knives. It's an important and powerful film and I certainly plan on recommending it to friends, family and co-workers who I think are able to walk into the theater with an open mind. It certainly reminded me that there is more I can and should do with my diet, like eating more whole foods and fewer processed foods. For those in the Minneapolis area, the movie opens at the Lagoon Cinema this week.  See my previous posts and the film's web site for more information.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment